The course is designed for reservoir simulation specialists and geologists working with reservoir simulation models
The course consists of the following topics:
Fluid and rock properties
• Relative permeability, PVT properties, phase diagram, total porosity and absolute permeability
• Construction of static geological model. Conceptual model as a basis for the project
• Choosing a grid
• Facies modelling and its influence to the reservoir simulation
• Model updating
General flow equations, flow simulation principles
Practice in reservoir simulation
• Simulation case preparation, DATA file observation, first run
• Sensitivity runs, property modification, multiple model realizations
Forecast model generation
• Special petrophysics, geochemistry and tomography labs equipment for the model
- Reservoir simulation model construction
Training Language: English or Russian
Category of trainees:
Managers and specialists of Oil and Gas E&P Companies.
Training is conducted at the Institute of Geology and Petroleum Technologies at the following address: Kremlyovskaya str., 4/5, Kazan, Russia.
We can provide accommodation assistance for non-resident students in order to book KFU campus / hotel rooms.
In addition to the program, there are coffee breaks and excursions in the Museum of History of Kazan University, the Geological Museum named after A.A. Stukenberg and the Kazan Kremlin.